pam-config breaks existing configuration

t0th south.minds at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 12:25:21 UTC 2013

Hi,
I'm sending this email because I did not get any answer from you. I also
subscribed to the list just in case this is the reason why my emails are
not getting there.

---------------------- ------------------------------------------
While writing an script to apply several PAM configurations I found that
the following line breaks prior configuration in
/etc/pam.d/common-password-pc

/usr/sbin/pam-config -d --pwcheck

It will break this

password [default=1 success=ignore] pam_succeed_if.so quiet user in
user1:user2
password        requisite       pam_cracklib.so minlen=8 dcredit=-1
ucredit=-1
# regular passwords
password [default=1 success=ignore] pam_succeed_if.so quiet user notin
user1:user2
password  requisite pam_cracklib.so minlen=6
password       required        pam_pwhistory.so        remember=6
password        required        pam_unix2.so

into this

password        requisite       pam_cracklib.so minlen=6 dcredit=-1
ucredit=-1
password        required        pam_pwhistory.so        remember=6
password        required        pam_unix2.so    use_authtok

Suse Enterprise SP1
pam-1.0.4-0.5.12
pam-config-0.68-1.22
pam-modules-11-1.6.15