[Patternfly] [PatternFly] Comment: "Primary Navigation Bar"

Matt Carrano mcarrano at redhat.com
Fri Jul 11 15:05:44 UTC 2014

Hi Duncan,

Sorry to take a couple of days to get back to you on this, but wanted to move this discussion out to the PatternFly list.

You raise a good point about the classic problem with fly-out menus.  I also found the Amazon approach to this pretty interesting.  I think this requires a larger change to the overall primary navigation design than we would likely make at this time.  You'll notice that this implementation assumes a different geometry than the more standard fly-outs we have.  But this is definitely something we can keep in mind for future consideration.

Other thoughts, comments, ideas welcome.  Will be interesting to hear whether these types of menus are being applied in projects and if this mouse tracking issue has been a problem.

Regards,

Matt