[Patternfly] PatternFly Update

Matt Carrano mcarrano at redhat.com
Tue Sep 16 20:20:23 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to send a quick update about PatternFly.  Last week I stated my intent to schedule a follow-up meeting this week to present a Q3 plan.  While I have been making progress on this, I've decided to hold off for another week as I try to firm up some details.  What I can tell you is that I've been working on some changes to the process that will:

- Move prototyping to an earlier stage thus giving us the opportunity to validate designs and generate reusable code *before* we publish a new pattern.
- Break down silos between design and testing.
- Create fewer, but hopefully more focused, teams.

You can find some of these thoughts collected here on this Etherpad: http://etherpad.corp.redhat.com/patternflyproposal  Your additional thoughts and ideas are welcome.

As for the existing set of pattern work from Q2, I am in the process of making updates to the site to have this content moved to a "published" status by the end of this month (hopefully earlier).  I will let the team know when that's there so you may have a chance to review before we make a wider announcement.  Thank you all for making updates and bringing the new pattern content to it's current point of refinement.  An important part of the plan is to continue with the prototyping and testing effort with the goal of iterating on this work as needed for the next release.

That's all for now.  Let me know if you have questions.

Matt