[Patternfly] Destructive button states

Liz Blanchard lsurette at redhat.com
Mon May 18 15:23:53 UTC 2015

On May 13, 2015, at 3:31 PM, Matt Carrano <mcarrano at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I just wanted to float a question out there about usage of the Destructive states for buttons.  You can see here (https://site-patternfly.rhcloud.com/widgets/#buttons) that we support three states for buttons (Secondary (gray), Primary (blue), and Destructive (red)).  I'm curious if people are actually using the Destructive state in designs and, if so, under what conditions they use it.  Any examples will be helpful.

Hey Matt,

Similar to what others have mentioned, Horizon (upstream OpenStack tenant UI) uses them for actions such as “Terminate Instance”. Not only is the bulk action button red, but the text in the actions drop down for the action is also red. Here is a screenshot:
http://people.redhat.com/~lsurette/OpenStack/Lock%20Instances.png

Let me know if you have any questions on this.

Thanks,
Liz