[Patternfly] "add filter" pattern

Allie Jacobs ajacobs at redhat.com
Thu May 21 14:38:33 UTC 2015

Hi,

OpenShift has a filter box with the label “Filter by labels”. The button currently says “+ Filter”. The plus sign is going to be removed and we are deciding now if we want to button label to be “Add Filter” or if “Add” is sufficient since the field has the label “Filter”. Entering more filters adds them to the list of filters to the right.

Do any of your products use a similar pattern? What is the button label?

I was leaning towards just “Filter” but don’t want the user to assume that a new filter clears the first rather than refines it. I don’t know if “Add” is sufficient since the field label is so small it may be overlooked and I don’t want the user to confuse this for adding a new project / whatever. “Add Filter” is the least ambiguous but also the longest.

I appreciate the help, thanks!

Allie

calendar: https://www.google.com/calendar/b/1/embed?src=ajacobs@redhat.com&ctz=America/New_York