[Patternfly] "No content available", or "content loading"?

Liz Clayton lclayton at redhat.com
Thu Dec 22 14:59:53 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm interested in finding guidelines (or prior designs) for the
representation of an individual content element (table, panel, card, etc.)
that has either no content or is loading content. I might need this for use
specifically within a dashboard card. https://www.patternfly.
org/pattern-library/dashboard/dashboard-card/#/api

I believe the "empty state" and "inline notification" are intended more for
entire screen views, so I don't think they apply:
https://www.patternfly.org/pattern-library/communication/empty-state/#_
https://www.patternfly.org/pattern-library/communication/inl
ine-notifications/#/api

I'm thinking about possibly showing a spinner with either a tooltip or
little bit of text to let users know when content is still loading.
Probably would only come into play if the load time was greater than "x"
seconds.
https://www.patternfly.org/pattern-library/widgets/#spinner
And for no available content, maybe a line of text saying just that.

If anyone has recommendations please let me know.

Thanks,
Liz C.