[Patternfly] Quick Start Guide Differences

Dana Gutride dgutride at redhat.com
Fri Jul 22 12:51:55 UTC 2016

Hi Leslie,

I worked with Adam on this yesterday and I just re-read the documentation to see where the disconnect might have been.  From my perspective, I think github is largely correct - there is a clear distinction between how to use PatternFly in your project and getting started as a contributor.  The issue that might happen internally is people clone the PatternFly repo and then switch to the getting started guide to try it out which leads them in different directions by design.  There should be two clear paths and we might need to make it more obvious to people which path they need to follow.

We could add an additional statement to the Development section to the effect of, “This section is only necessary if you are contributing code to PatternFly, if you wish to use PatternFly in your project, please follow the Quick Start guide.”  We might need something like that in the opening paragraph as well to help people identify which path is right for them.

-Dana