[Patternfly] Log Viewer examples?

Greg Sheremeta gshereme at redhat.com
Fri Jun 10 14:10:44 UTC 2016

Hi Liz,

We have two cases like this in oVirt / RHEV.

One is that we show various log events in the footer. This footer is always
visible, it's expandable, and it has three tabs -- "Alerts," "Events," and
"Tasks."
  The Alerts tab lists all high severity events such as errors or warnings.
  The Events tab shows a list of events for all resources.
  The Tasks tab lists the currently running tasks.
The user can acknowledge and remove each entry by clicking an X. Tasks can
have sub-tasks, so tasks are rendered in a Tree-List. Screenshots attached.

The other case is when there is an exception in the UI, and there we open a
popup with a log message and stack trace displayed. Screenshot of that
attached, too.

Best wishes,
Greg