Re: [Patternfly] Move to Slack

+1 to Andrés's points.

I'm in favor of the move, plus paying so we don't hit the 10000 chats limit.

Greg

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 9:05 AM, Andres Galante <agalante redhat com> wrote:
Hi Alex,

PatternFly is a unique community that joins developers and designers.

Designers do not use IRC. Since I love IRC and I believe in the power of freenode, I did try to push them there. The ones that finally land on IRC just ignore the channel.

Slack is less scary than IRC :) and many designers are already there. The core team of designers building PatternFly is on Slack.

I want to bring the communication channel to where the core committers are, instead of pushing the core committers to use a new tool.

I would like to include the rest of the community to the discussions the UXD team is already having on Slack, and the only way I can think of doing that is by moving our communication channel.

if the mountain won't come to Muhammad...

Maybe I am wrong, I know this move is controversial. It's not about Slack itself, it's about been more open.

I'd like to know if there are other options to solve this problem.

Thank,

Andrés