[Patternfly] Truncation guidance for long names

Hey Patternflyers,

I am currently working on the Tendrl storage console project and need to come up with some guidance on how to truncate long names that may appear in our UI.  I'm thinking of things like hostnames, disk names, and other types of objects that may take on a potentially long path name based on user naming.  PatternFly currently provides some general guidance, but no specific rules.

I'm curious how you are handling this on other projects as I know it's a common problem.  Do you truncate in the middle of the string, the end of the string, or have another method?

Any advice or examples will be welcome.

Regards,

Matt

--