[Patternfly] Pagination - Conceptual Design

Liz Clayton lclayton at redhat.com
Wed Oct 19 14:45:52 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 10:07 AM, SJ Cox <sjcox at redhat.com> wrote:

> Thank you for all the feedback!
>
> And I agree with option 2 as well.  Catherine, to answer your questions,
> that bar is always there. That bar is shared to show filters and selection
> and just updates as filters are added and selection changes.
>
> This is also the reason that selection is on the right as opposed to the
> left.  When filters are added, they appear under the filter field, which is
> on the left. That is another con with this design is that it could
> potentially run out of room in that bar when a certain amount of filters
> are added.  In that case should we add another row for filters of just
> truncate the filters with a ... and then have a way to show all (Which
> would still add another row, or perhaps a drop down?).

Just wondering about the table selection labels themselves. Do we have a
standpoint on the language used? They seem more narrative ("Select all 90
items in this table."), versus something less verbose like:

Selection: 18 (of 90) | Select All

Selection: All (90 of 90) | Clear

or something like that... Something more concise might be useful when the
applied filters are in view.
Liz C.