[Patternfly] Examples of Communication/Confirmation via modal

Serena Doyle sdoyle at redhat.com
Wed Oct 26 15:12:57 UTC 2016

Liz,

Delete confirmation is something that we have tried to standardize in
CloudForms.  I know that there is some need by other products as well ( as
noted in a UXS meeting ).

I actually started an initial proposal for this pattern:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UvnNPrl35osBHR0mr7ACZXhr9qN6nZ2IxI2HEgtnwwE/

I'd be happy to take this notion of modal messaging to cover what you noted
above as part of the breakaway sprint :)

Understanding additional product reqs would be great, to understand if we
need to consider anything else.

Thanks,
- Serena

On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 11:02 AM, Liz Blanchard <lsurette at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Okay I think this is the last email thread I will start today (but no
> promises). The third pattern that we are considering looking at next week
> is a form of communication that combines the use of notifications with
> modals. We've seen the need in a few products to stop the user and make
> them confirm what's happening. This could be by saying "yes, fine" or
> actually taking an action. Some of these things we've identified so far are
> Delete confirmations, Error confirmations, Warning confirmations, and
> Informational confirmations. A few design ideas [1] have been put together
> on this topic, but it would be great to take this through the whole pattern
> contribution flow.
>
> Does anyone have examples of delete confirmations or other types of modal
> messaging that they are using or looking to use?
>
> Thanks!
> Liz
>
> [1] https://www.dropbox.com/s/ix1zl4hpwl3qb07/MessageDialog-
> PatternProposal.pdf?dl=0

- Serena Chechile Doyle
*UXD | Unified Management Experience*
*Red Hat*
*Cell* 508-769-7715 | *IRC* - serena | *Skype* - serenamarie125 | *Twitter* -
@serenamarie125