[Patternfly] Web component current steps

Brian Leathem bleathem at redhat.com
Tue Sep 6 22:28:46 UTC 2016

Hello pattern flyers,

We've been fielding a lot of questions lately asking how our web component
investigations are coming along, so I thought I would share a quick status
update on our current state, and our next steps.

As you already know, Dana and Patrick both did some preliminary work on web
components during our innovation sprint, and published some blogs
showcasing the results of their work [1] [2].

In the current sprint we are building on this work [3] by demonstrating
that a web component can be used as a first-class citizen in a number of
web frameworks [4] and doing some performance analysis with the polyfill
[5] to demonstrate that web components is a viable component in our
targeted browsers [6].  Lastly we are taking a close look at styling web
components [7], both with and without the shadow dom.

We look forward to being able to share the results of these
investigations!  Stay tuned!

Brian Leathem

[1]
http://developers.redhat.com/blog/2016/08/09/are-web-components-in-the-future-for-patternfly/