[Patternfly] Long running operations

Hi!
We recently got a request in Cockpit for tracking long running tasks, so I wanted to check if this is a problem other projects have run into as well.
https://lists.fedorahosted.org/archives/list/cockpit-devel lists fedorahosted org/thread/IOXJCIF6A7HAM6ICXLTMEEO2EV2KCELL/

These are things like disk operations, where things could take literal hours. Be able to track the progress while you're busy with other stuff, but more importantly, be informed when it has been successful. For the notification case, there is the notification drawer pattern, so that one should be straight forward, but there is nothing for keeping track of the progress while it's ongoing.

Any ideas on what could be a good solution here?
- Andreas