[Patternfly] GSoC - Patternfly Frontend Pattern Development

Nora S. Al-Dossary nora.aldo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 15:29:13 UTC 2017

*Greetings,*

*I hope you are fine and doing great.*

*Let me first introduce myself: *
My name is Nora Saad Al-Dossary. I am a Computer Science B.S. expected
graduate from Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University (Dammam University
previously), all the way from Saudi Arabia.

*To go further:*
I recently knew about Google's Summer of Code program. I went through some
of the project ideas of Fedora, and the following project caught my eye:

Patternfly Frontend Pattern Development
Status Proposed - draft *Use this status.*
*Skill level* Intermediate
*Skills required* Javascript
*Mentor(s)* Brian Leathem
*Contacts (IRC & email)* #patternfly (freenode) patternfly at redhat.com
*Idea description* Explore the emerging web component specifications by
implementing patternfly.orgpatterns as web components. Begin with smaller
simpler web component implementations to learn the APIs, then follow on
with a more complex composite component to fully exercise the APIs and make
a robust and feature-rich web components. Engage the PatternFly developer
community to learn and contribute to the collective web component effort.
*Notes & references* https://patternfly-webcomponents.github.io
*Reference: *https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Summer_coding_ideas_for_2017

I read the description of the project and I read about Patternfly as well.
However, I would be very grateful if you could kindly provide me with more
information and details about the project, as I am interested in it.

What is the final product going to be? What exactly is the goal of the
project? And is Patterfly considered a library for web development?

The project caught my eye because I am interested in web design and
development. I have good programming and UI design skills as well.

*Here's some relevant background of my technical experience:*

- I've developed a prototype system entirely by myself from A to Z using
web technology (HTML, CSS, PHP, JavaScript, & jQuery) when I was a COOP
trainee at Saudi Aramco in Summer 2016. I can show you some screenshots of
my work if you are interested.

- I am a current learner of Linux open-source world. My senior project,
which I'm currently working on, is a project based on Linux open-source
software. The project is proposed by Saudi Aramco and titled as "Dynamic
Provisioning of Resources in High Performance Computing (HPC)
Environments". The project involves using the following open-source
software: Vagrant, xCAT, and Slurm. So, I have basic experience in Linux
open-source software.

*To conclude, I would like to thank you for your time and cooperation. **I
am looking forward to hear from you and hopefully work with you.*

*Kind regards,*

*Nora.*