[PatternFly] Vertical Nav, Secondary Menu does not work

Andreas Mueller am at iit.de
Wed Sep 20 19:58:55 UTC 2017

Hi,

I don’t know if this mailing list is for questions about PF. I’ll try…

I have a PF based dashboard app which uses the vertical navigation of PF. Some of the 1st level menu items have a secondary menu. I know this works fine with the examples on the patternfly web site. However, on my app this doesn’t work. I only see the 1st level of the menu but never the 2nd. I even copied the HTML code from the PF example with a 2 level menu and use the exact same code. The 2nd level doesn’t show up.

Here is the snippet (I’m using the patternfly vue components):

<template slot="vertical-menu">
  <li class="list-group-item active secondary-nav-item-pf" data-target="#ipsum-secondary">
    <a>
    </a>
        <a class="secondary-collapse-toggle-pf" data-toggle="collapse-secondary-nav"></a>
      <ul class="list-group">
        <li class="list-group-item active " data-target="#ipsum-intellegam-tertiary">
          <a>
          </a>
        </li>
        <li class="list-group-item " data-target="#ipsum-copiosae-tertiary">
          <a>
          </a>
        </li>
        <li class="list-group-item " data-target="#ipsum-patrioque-tertiary">
          <a>
          </a>
        </li>
      </ul>
  </li>
</template>

For me it seems it is the

 data-toggle=“tooltip"

which toggles the tooltip on mouse over and shows the menu. So my guess is it may have something to do with enabling tooltip via jquery but this doesn’t work too as jquery don’t know the “$().tooltip(options)” function here:

<script>
  // Initialize Tooltip
  $(document).ready(function() {
    $().tooltip({
      selector: "[data-toggle=tooltip]",
      container: "body"
    });
  });
</script>

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Andreas

--
Andreas Mueller
IIT Software GmbH

IIT Software GmbH
Münsterstr. 111, 48145 Münster, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)2506 3049340
Managing Director: Andreas Müller
District Court: Amtsgericht Münster, HRB 16294
VAT-No: DE199945912