[PatternFly] patternfly-ng and SystemJs

Dan Labrecque dlabrecq at redhat.com
Wed May 16 14:37:15 UTC 2018

Hi Stan,

PatternFlyNG is built with WebPack, but that doesn't mean your
application must use it. Unless you're interested in tree shaking? As a
stand alone library, we're not generating a single bundle.js file as
done with applications, but generating multiple index.js files, so
modules can be imported individually.

In the application, we're using ES6 syntax to import the modules. I
haven't used SystemJS, but understand it's used client-side to import
modules lazily. Looking at the SystemJS syntax, I'm not sure there is an
advantage over individual ES6 module imports? That is, considering
PatternFlyNG is a stand alone library.

FYI, Catherine Robson mentioned she's looking for a date/time to set up
with your team to talk about PatternFlyNG in more detail.

Dan