Re: KDE apps, utterly enormous fonts

On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 03:26, Graydon wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 08:29:36AM -0500, David Krider scripsit:
> > On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 04:35, Graydon wrote:
> > > So, now that I've got X to run, I discover that Konqueor and Kspread
> > > are coming up with what look to 128 point fonts in the menus.
> >
> > I got this too. I tried blowing away the settings for the Preferences
> > app, but that didn't work. Ultimately, just logging out and logging back
> > in fixed it for me.
>
> I've still got it; problems with QBit::<foo>, ending in a mutex destroy
> failure.
>
> It's so far as I can tell pretty strictly KDE apps; even ones like kscd
> which haven't got any text normally so start fine produce absolutely
> humongous tool tip baloons on button mouseover.
>
> --
> oak uniserve com | Uton we hycgan    hwaer we ham agen,
>                  | ond thonne gedhencan    he we thider cumen.
>                  |   -- The Seafarer, ll. 117-118.

It was also happening with Open office for me. I've "cleared" the
problem by going through kcontrol center font options and setting all to
default, this puts things to Helvetica in most cases for me.

      Dave.

--
Dr. David Holden. (Systems Developer)

Visit: Crystallography Journals Online <http://journals.iucr.org>

Thanks in advance:-
See: <http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>

UK Privacy (R.I.P)  : http://www.stand.org.uk/commentary.php3
Public GPG key available on request.

-- 99% of politicians give the rest a bad name --