Re: 20 posts were enough to start a flamewar

On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 23:20, Daniel T. Drea wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, James Ralston wrote:
>
> > I wonder... how many man-hours (that could've been spent finding and
> > documenting bugs) were just wasted in composing inflammatory
> > rhetoric?
> >

> Whilst being brand new to this list, I am not new to others nor dealing
> with Eugenia from OSNews. She is the most caustic person I've ever met
> online, her intentions are meant to inflame, and no amount of coherent
> reasoning will sway her from her course. I put no stock in OSNews, nor
> anything Eugenia says. I am not going to search the phoebe list archive to
> read up on a flamewar, but I can assure you that nothing coherent or
> useful will come of any conversations with Eugenia in my opinion. I'm
> trying not to be hurtful or caustic myself, but in several discussions
> I've had with her, it was impossible to continue because of her
> inflammatory attitude towards any opinion but her own. Sorry Eugenia, but
> you always bring about this kind of discussion wherever I've been so
> unfortunate to see you.

I think that it's worth pointing out that:

None of us (unless we're redhat employees) having any direct
representation of RedHat. Our thoughts and beliefs are all our own..
 RedHat != RedHat Community

Some on this list are far more experienced, at times I think briefness
is mistaken for rudeness... we're all giving our time for free (except
one bunch of people)..

We need to be a bit gentler on people, if they aren't following the
system, let them know how to do it (or IGNORE them), if they continue to
stamp their feet and throw their weight around; then, well they should
be able to look after themselves.

Can a requirement be "you must take comments you don't like with a grain
of salt" be a term of subscribing?

--
Regards,
Adam Allen.