Re: before the next beta comes out ..

On 1 Jan 2003, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

> Hasnt history shown that redhat increment the release number.  i.e.
> 7.3.92(limbo),7.3.93(limbo), 7.3.94 (null)
>
> so yes they use different release numbers maybe a different name and no
> same list.  it would be assumed that unless stated the person was using
> the latest beta.

i think it's dangerous to assume that anyone posting to bugzilla
is necessarily using the latest beta.  and, as you noted above,
there were two different, consecutive betas that both had the
code name "limbo", which couldn't help but generate confusion.
it was further confusing when a *third* beta had a *different*
code name.  (this puts the poor bug reporter in the position of
having to figure out *which* version he's using: "let me see,
i'm using 'limbo' ... was that the first limbo or the second
limbo?")

that's why i'm asking about this now -- to get my $0.02 in
before the next beta is released.  i would *really* like to see
each beta represent a brand new testing/debugging/reporting
cycle, with a new code name.

rday