Cluster without shared disk, or over shared over NFS

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Tue Jan 25 14:42:54 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 14:01 +0100, Marcos Monge wrote:

> I have read in the archives a mail from Lon Hohberger telling that
> it's posible in RHEL 3.0, but not supported:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/piranha-list/2004-April/msg00002.html

As of U3, you can use iSCSI or GNBD without any clever tricks (and I
believe it's supported now).  At the time the above was written, that
wasn't the case.  You should also be able to use block devices via iSCAI
and/or GNBD for service data as well.

The rgmanager code (targetted for RHEL4) doesn't need shared storage to
operate internally (nor will it use it...).  It can use NFS as data
stores for services instead of being limited to SANs/iSCSI/GNBD (obvious
limitations apply).

(Warning: hyper-long-ugly-url below)

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-
bin/cvsweb.cgi/cluster/rgmanager/src/resources/netfs.sh?rev=1.1&content-
type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=cluster

-- Lon