Cluster without shared disk, or over shared over NFS

Brian Beaver bbeaver at pathfire.com
Thu Jan 27 20:28:34 UTC 2005

Thanks for the good info.  So to summarize, Redhat clustering still appears
to require "local" disks.  The Netapp iSCSI solution just helps the drives
appear local to the O/S.  Any idea if Redhat clustering is allowed without
the shared drive requirement, similar to Veritas clustering using multiple
NIC's for heartbeats instead of a shared drive partition?