Squid Monitoring Script

Timothy Bushart tbushart at nycap.rr.com
Sat Nov 12 16:22:53 UTC 2005

Hi everyone

Does the default monitoring script in piranha (SEND GET
/HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n)(EXPECT HTTP)monitor squid if piranha is forwarding
TCP3128 to two squid realservers, or is there something else that has to be
configured. I have my piranha load balancers set up correctly, they fail
over between backup and primary, but if one of my two squid real servers
dies (the squid daemon dies) I don't think piranha is sensing that and still
attempts to send connections to the dead server. I notice this because the
web browser forwarding to the virtual ip just hangs and hangs until page
cannot be displayed, then until I reboot the real server and bring squid
back up. When I run ipvsadm on the primary director it shows route 0 to one
of my real servers, thats how I know it's dead.

thanks