Weights

pb peterbaitz at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 28 20:30:19 UTC 2006

If you're talking about using weighted (as in
weighted-least-connections) load balancing, the
weights themselves are relative, not absolute. Like
this, lets say you set the weight of ServerA to 1,
ServerB to 1, and ServerC to 2, then you use this
formula:

Total weight = 1 + 1 + 2 = 4

ServerA utilization = 1 / 4 = .25
ServerB utilization = 1 / 4 = .25
ServerC utilization = 2 / 4 = .5

In short, Piranha will utilize ServerC 50% of the
time, while ServerA and ServerB 25% of the time.  One
would assume ServerC is the fastest CPU of the three.

PB