help with Director failover

colin hostert chostert at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 21:00:29 UTC 2006

Hello

ipvsadm v1.24
2.6.9-22.0.1.EL

I have a LVS cluster ( 2 Dir, 3 real servers) set up and working, but am
having problems with director failover. Everything works great during the
failover process except for one thing. When the backup director becomes
active, all settings transfer over except for the default gateway(dfgw). Not
only dose the correct dfgw not transfer over, but it erases the boxes curent
one, so there is no longer a dfgw. Why doesn't the dfgw transfer over, or at
least how can I make it so the box keeps its assigned dfgw? Am i missing a
line the the conf file (see below), or is it something else?

 [cluster at RHC02 ha]# vi lvs.cf
serial_no = 278

primary = xxx.xxx.xxx.100

service = lvs