Can piranha failover all ethernet interfaces?

Brian Ghidinelli brian at vfive.com
Fri Nov 30 19:19:28 UTC 2007

I'm using Piranha via CentOS-5 on 2 firewall/gateway boxes that sit in
front of 3 segmented networks.  My network looks like so:

192.168.2.100 (public VIP)
192.168.2.101 (fw 1)
192.168.2.102 (fw 2)

10.64.1.1 (internal VIP, nat_router)
10.64.1.2 (fw 1)
10.64.1.3 (fw 2)
10.64.1.20 (http real server 1)
10.64.1.21 (http real server 2)

This part is working great.  However, I also have:

10.64.2.10 (http box, not part of lvs)
10.64.3.10 (database server, not part of lvs)

What I want is:

10.64.2.1 (floating VIP)
10.64.2.2 (fw 1)
10.64.2.3 (fw 2)

10.64.3.1 (floating VIP)
10.64.3.2 (fw 1)
10.64.3.3 (fw 2)

And these interfaces should failover whenever the primary nat_router is
failed over so that the boxes in 10.64.2 and .3, which depend on the
firewall/gateway for routing, will continue to have network access.

Can piranha do this?

Thanks!

Brian