HTTPS and LVS

Barry Brimer lists at brimer.org
Fri Apr 24 12:54:37 UTC 2009

> I have tried to go live today with HTTPS in Piranha with lvs, and have
> failed miserabled.
>
> HTTP seems to work fine though.  Is there any specific procedure for
> this?

You might comment out the send and expect lines in your lvs.cf file for
the https virtual servers.  Instead of getting checked with actual
requests, it should be checked whether in can open a generic tcp
connection to your https service.  The better answer is to use a
send_program .. which you can use a script the calls wget/lynx/links to do an
actual https request to see if the https service works correctly, instead
of just seeing if a connection can be opened.

Barry