[Pki-devel] Proposal for changes to the Dogtag Subversion Source Repository . . .

Matthew Harmsen mharmsen at redhat.com
Wed Nov 26 01:53:03 UTC 2008

Everyone,

The Dogtag Subversion Source Repository currently consists of a
"pki/base/" directory which contains the PKI source code, and a
"pki/linux/" directory which holds all of the Dogtag-branding UI and PKI
component build scripts.  For reasons which were beyond our control when
Dogtag was first released,  suffice it to say that the benign name of
"linux" was given to this branding directory.  It is our feeling that
the time has come to rectify this problem. Therefore, I would like to
propose making the following changes to the Dogtag Subversion Source
Repository:

          o Apply subversion properties to ALL shared files in the
            "config/" and "config-ext/" files (since this will allow
            developers the  ability to change one file and have those
            changes propogated to all other directories sharing this file).
          o Rename "pki/linux/" to "pki/dogtag/".
          o Rename all build scripts from "build_linux" to "build_dogtag".
          o Rename all UI packages from "pki-<component>-ui" to
            "dogtag-pki-<component>-ui" which /provides/
            "pki-<component>-ui";  this will not alter any existing
            dependencies since upper-level components will still
            /require/ "pki-<component>-ui".  This will effect the
            following 8 packages:
                + pki-ca-ui --> dogtag-pki-ca-ui,
                + pki-common-ui --> dogtag-pki-common-ui,
                + pki-console-ui --> dogtag-pki-console-ui,
                + pki-kra-ui --> dogtag-pki-kra-ui,
                + pki-ocsp-ui --> dogtag-pki-ocsp-ui,
                + pki-ra-ui --> dogtag-pki-ra-ui,
                + pki-tks-ui --> dogtag-pki-tks-ui, and
                + pki-tps-ui --> dogtag-pki-tps-ui.
          o The pki.fedoraproject.org Wiki and top-level pki/README file
            will be updated to reflect these changes.

Regards,
-- Matt