[Pki-devel] problem compiling pki-utils

Matthew Harmsen mharmsen at redhat.com
Fri Jul 30 23:21:50 UTC 2010

On 07/30/10 16:18, Alexander V Vershilov wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm trying to build pki-utils on my Gentoo linux. And I cannot compile
> pki-utils because I'm getting error:
>
> [javac] /var/tmp/portage/app-pki/pki-util-1.3.1/work/pki-util-1.3.1/src/com/netscape/cmsutil/crypto/CryptoUtil.java:155: cannot find symbol
> [javac] symbol  : class Usage
> [javac] location: class org.mozilla.jss.crypto.KeyPairGeneratorSpi
> [javac]
>          org.mozilla.jss.crypto.KeyPairGeneratorSpi.Usage[] usage_mask)

Alexander,

While I have never tried Gentoo, for Dogtag, we use "JSS 4.2.6-6.fc12"
on Fedora 12; and have not tried using a later version of JSS.

You should be able to grab this version from
"http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/".

Also, although this may not be an issue for you, be sure to use "javac"
from OpenJDK 1.6.0, as I know I have experienced trouble attempting to
build with gcj in the distant past.

Hope this helps,
-- Matt