[Pki-devel] Question about nightly builds of 'pki-ca' for 'ipa-devel' in Fedora 16 and Rawhide . . .

Matthew Harmsen mharmsen at redhat.com
Wed Nov 30 17:43:25 UTC 2011

On 11/30/11 05:55, Dmitri Pal wrote:
> On 11/29/2011 08:37 PM, Matthew Harmsen wrote:
>> Before I file two release engineering tickets (one for F16 and one
>> for F17 (rawhide)), I have a couple of questions regarding the
>> following ticket:
>>
>>   * https://fedorahosted.org/pki/ticket/61
>>
>> As we are in the midst of moving source code from an 'svn' repo to a
>> 'git' repo, and making potentially radical changes to the tip, should I:
>>
>>  1. Specify using an 'svn' repo or a 'git' repo for generating these
>>     nightly builds?
>>  2. Specify the 'trunk', or 'DOGTAG_9_BRANCH' (the last 'stable'
>>     Dogtag source code that was released on Fedora 15, 16, and 17)?
>>

> What is the difference between trunk and 9 brunch?
As documented at http://pki.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Dogtag#Source_Code:

This new version of Dogtag will be developed using the source code on
the Dogtag Trunk <https://fedorahosted.org/pki/browser/trunk/pki> which
is currently stored utilizing the Subversion Revision Control System
<http://subversion.tigris.org/> and managed using git svn
<http://pki.fedoraproject.org/wiki/GITSVN> until such time as the source
code can be migrated to the Git Revision Control System
<http://git-scm.com/>.

NOTE: 	As a part of this activity, the Dogtag trunk will be in flux, and
so for the convenience of current Dogtag 9.0 users, we have created a
source code branch entitled DOGTAG_9_BRANCH
<https://fedorahosted.org/pki/browser/branches/DOGTAG_9_BRANCH/pki>.