[Pki-devel] [Freeipa-devel] [SSSD] FreeIPA on Debian

Nathan Kinder nkinder at redhat.com
Tue Sep 3 20:55:40 UTC 2013

On 09/03/2013 01:50 PM, Timo Aaltonen wrote:
> On 03.09.2013 23:30, Nathan Kinder wrote:

>> I would like to organize the effort to get Dogtag 10 ported to Debian.
>> I know that there are a lot of dependencies needed for this to happen.
>> I can create and maintain a wiki page to track all of the work that is
>> needed to get this porting done.  Do you have a list of Dogtag 10
>> dependencies that are not currently packaged for Debian that I can use
>> as a starting point?  Once we have a clear outline of what is needed, we
>> can start trying to divide up and schedule the work.
> Alright, nice! This is the list I sent to debian-java a year ago,
> roughly in dependency order:
Great, this will help me get started.  It might be a bit out of date, as
I know that we worked on reducing the number of dependencies within the
last year.  I'll start with this and cross-reference with the current
dependencies.

> codehaus-parent
> keytool-maven-plugin
> maven-help-plugin
> maven-idea-plugin
> maven-jarsigner-plugin
> maven-jxr
> maven-source-plugin
> geronimo-parent-poms
> geronimo-annotation
> plexus-mail-sender
> maven-release
> plexus-resources
> maven-checkstyle-plugin
> maven-pmd-plugin
> maven-anno-plugin
> maven-reporting-api
> maven-changes-plugin
> maven-deploy-plugin
> apache-james-project
> javamail
> base64coder
> gdata-java
> sonatype-oss-parent
> forge-parent
> mojo-parent
> maven-plugin-build-helper
> relaxngcc
> xsom
> glassfish-fastinfoset
> jvnet-parent
> glassfish-jaxb-api
> glassfish-dtd-parser
> stax-ex
> istack-commons
> rngom
> glassfish-jaxb
> maven-jaxb2-plugin
> jboss-parent
> jandex
> jboss-specs-parent
> jboss-annotations
> jetty-parent
> jetty-toolchain
> jetty-version-maven-plugin
> scannotation
> snakeyml
> resteasy
>
> There might be errors, now that I know that the fedora package of
> resteasy doesn't built everything to make the deps a bit easier?
Yes, resteasy was "trimmed" to make things easier.
>   And at
> least codehaus-parent, mojo-parent and jetty-parent are packaged and
> pushed to git.debian.org but since I'm not a DD (yet) I can't upload them.
>
> The debian java policy means that the actual package names are like
> 'libmojo-parent-java' etc., in case you try to find a package.
>
>> Do you have more details on the maven issue you were running up against?
> if my notes are to be trusted, it was that keytool-maven-plugin wants
> v16 of mojo-parent, and not v30 that is in git now..
Ok, I'll note it down and we can figure out the details when we try it
again.

Thanks,
-NGK