[Pki-users] How do I issue 2048-bit RSA certificates to End Entity users?

Ebbe Hansen ehansen at spyrus.com
Fri Jun 13 00:04:13 UTC 2008

I am currently testing the WEB enrollment features
(https://<CA-instance-name>:<port>/ca/ee/ca) using the IE as well as the
FireFox browsers. When requesting a Dual-Use certificate (Certificate
Profile - Manual User Dual-Use Certificate Enrollment) I have the choice
of invoking use of smart-cards / hard-tokens via a CSP or a PKCS#11
crypto provider.

However, the keys generated always defaults to RSA 1024 bit! Has anyone
found the place to modify/configure the DogTag Certificate Request WEB
pages to default to (or enable selection of) other key-sizes e.g. 2048
bits?

E. Hansen @ SPYRUS