[Pki-users] error -12271 trying to ESC connect to TPS

Ebbe Hansen ehansen at spyrus.com
Tue Nov 25 17:46:34 UTC 2008

Jack,

In my configuration the URL actually is:
https://redhat4.spyrus.com:7889/cgi-bin/home/index.cgi

After clicking the "Test URL" button on the ESC (Smart Card Manager) I
observe the error:

"Could not establish an encrypted connection bacause your certfcite was
rejected by
Redhat4.spyrus.com. Error Code: -12271"

When accessting the TPS with a browser I receive the following display:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <ServiceInfo>
  <IssuerName>Spyrus, Inc.</IssuerName>
- <Services>