[Pki-users] SSCEP enroll using CA

Fortunato fortunato.montresor at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 23 23:53:03 UTC 2009

I'm making lots of progress, but there seems to be a lack (or at least its unclear to me still) in the way to configure SCEP enrollment on the CA.

All the manual references use the RA thru:

  http://<fqdn>:12888/ee/scep/index.cgi

to configure SCEP.

But in order to get the CA cert and do a SCEP enroll, most examples use:

  http://<fqdn>:9080/ca/cgi-bin/pkiclient.exe

Is there something similar to the RA on the CA web gui to create the SCEP requests?

Lastly, I'm trying to use sscep as follows:

  # ./sscep getca -c ca.crt -u http://<fqdn>:9080/ca/cgi-bin/pkiclient.exe
  ./sscep: CA certificate written as ca.crt

  # ./sscep enroll -c ca.crt -k local.key -r local.csr -l cert.crt -u http://<fqdn>:9080/ca/cgi-bin/pkiclient.exe

But all that is returned is:

  ./sscep: sending certificate request
  ./sscep: valid response from server
  ./sscep: pkistatus: FAILURE
  ./sscep: reason: Transaction not permitted or supported

Any helpful logs would be appreciated, but my guess is that I'm overlooking a web gui somewhere off port 9080. Is there something in the CA or RA that could help identify a more specific FAILURE reason?