[Pki-users] Certificate System Want to change hostname/IP addressafter installation

Marc Sauton msauton at redhat.com
Wed Feb 25 17:32:38 UTC 2009

lambam80 at hotmail.com wrote:
> Hello again and thanks for the help.
>
> I've perfomed my CA install taking into account all your helpful advice.
>
> However when I launch the admin interfact with:
>
> https://localhost.localdomain:9443/ca/services
>
> I get the following errors:
>
> *message* *description* _The server encountered an internal error ()
> that prevented it from fulfilling this request._*exception*
> java.io.IOException: CS server is not ready to serve.
> com.netscape.cms.servlet.base.CMSServlet.service(CMSServlet.java:424)
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729) *note*
> _The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
> Tomcat/5.5.27 logs._
>

> Q1. I've looked allover /var/lobs/tomcat5 etc. but cannot find these
> log files. Where should I be looking ?
The first instance created at installation will have logs into
/var/log/rhpki-ca/
Buf if you add other instances, only the install log will be in this
same location, and the newer log files will be under
/var/lib/rhpki<instance-id>/logs/
So, I always search under /var/lib/rhpki<instance-id>/ first.
For you problem, try to see if a process is listening on the port
(9443), and then try to browse using the ip address bound to this port.
Also look for events in the catalina.out log file.
M.