[Pki-users] (forwarded) Help needed on dogtag

Chandrasekar Kannan ckannan at redhat.com
Wed Nov 18 00:21:53 UTC 2009

On 11/17/2009 01:09 PM, John Dorovski wrote:
> It was not a typo. I did use the port number 9545.

Ok. one idea would be to run the utility "ssltap" as a proxy
and using your browser to connect to the "ssltap" port and
pasting the output here so folks can see what's happening
during the SSL handshake.
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/nss/tools/ssltap.html

On a Fedora 10 system, its packaged with nss-tools rpm.

Run ssltap like this...

ssltap -sfxl CA_HOSTNAME:CA_PORT

in your case, it will be

ssltap -sfxl localhost:9545

Then use a browser and connect to ssltap. ssltap
listens on port 1924. So on the browser type..

  https://localhost.localdomain:1924

ssltap will capture the results of the ssl handshake.

Copy and paste it here so we can tell what's happening
during that phase while you get the bad mac alert.

Thanks,
--Chandra