[Pki-users] OpenSSL user certificates with DogTag

Chandrasekar Kannan ckannan at redhat.com
Fri Oct 16 19:11:29 UTC 2009

On 10/16/2009 12:05 PM, Mike Mercier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have some questions someone can hopefully answer.
>
> I would like to be able to create a user key pair using OpenSSL and
> then sign the public key with DogTag.  I know you can create user keys
> with using a browser, but this is *not* what I am looking for.
>
> 1. Is this possible?
> 2. If possible, what template should be used for the request?

http://pki.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Apache_Cert_Enrollment
this page describes how to do the same for "server certificates".

What you do need to do is , something along these lines ..

1 - customize a profile like "caOtherCert" for example
      and add the right extensions you need.
2 - submit your pkcs10 request there and get it approved.

--Chandra