[Pki-users] Fedora Package

Mathieu Peresse mathieu.peresse at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 16:19:46 UTC 2010

Please disregard previous message and consider this one :)

Hi all,

I'm new to dogtag, and I tried to install the PKI on a Fedora 11 system
(fresh install).

However, I encountered the following problems when installing pki-ca (yum
install pki-ca):

- yum POSTINSTALL script invoking pkicreate complained about a file not
being found: /usr/share/java/ca.jar.
It turned out that the file was located in /usr/share/java/pki-ca/ca/ca.jar
-> Had to ln -s them together...

- pkicreate invoking "pki-cad" but the file is not present in the system nor
in the RPM archive (it is on the SVN though).
-> Had to copy from SVN to system.

- pki-cad sourcing file /var/lib/pki/ca/conf/tomcat5.conf complains about
"pkiarch" "pkiname" and "pkiflavor" not being present (this check has been
removed from the SVN too...).
-> Had to remove references to this files...

Do you guys plan to release more consistent packages in the near future, or
am I missing something in the install process ?

Also, the documentation to build from the SVN tree seems to be obsolete, is
there any documentation on the new build system ?

Thanks a lot,

Mathieu.

mathieu.peresse at gmail.com