[Pki-users] CA protocol support

Marc Sauton msauton at redhat.com
Tue Mar 9 17:46:14 UTC 2010

On 03/09/2010 09:18 AM, Thomas Shanthi-LST016 wrote:
> Hi,
> I've recently started using the dogtag CA. As I understand the CA
> supports CMC and SCEP. Assuming this is correct, can end-entities use
> CMC or SCEP protocol to directly access the CA or RA or is only the
> web-interface supported? In other words, is there API support for the
> CA/RA?
> thanks,
> Shanthi

No need of the WEB interface for using CMC and SCEP protocols, it goes
through either a CA or a RA instance, see the admin, deployment guides
at http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/cert-system/
Also:
http://pki.fedoraproject.org/wiki/PKI_SCEP_Support_In_Certificate_System
For CMC, see command line guide and admin guide (like chapter "6.2. CMC
Revocation", and "9.3. Setting up CMC Enrollment" if you already have a
request)
M.