[Pki-users] Manually Replacing Server Certificates + Profiles

Raspante, Patrick Patrick.Raspante at gdc4s.com
Fri Mar 26 11:47:06 UTC 2010

Using CS 8.0,

I'm interested in replacing (not renewing) all the server certificates
for every subsystem (CA,TKS,DRM,TPS).

The solution I had planned on using was to painstakingly use certutil to
generate certificate requests, sign then, and import them back into the
subsystem cert db with identical cert nicknames.
Is there an easier way to do this (other than reinstalling+rerunning the
create wizard)? I can attempt to use pkiconsole to replace certificates
and automatically send them to the CA's ee page, but that seems to be
erroring repeatedly.

Using the certutil method, I'm unsure of which CA profiles to use when
signing some of the server certificates certificates. For example, when
replacing the TKS's 'subsystemCert' or 'Server-Cert' using the CA's
'manual server certificate enrollment' profile, I don't a get a cert
with identical extensions as the original TKS 'subsytem cert'. Which
profile does the CA use at TKS creation-time for these certs?

Thanks

Patrick Raspante
Software Engineer
General Dynamics C4 Systems
Work: 781-455-2399

This message and/or attachments may include information subject to GDC4S
O.M. 1.8.6 and GD Corporate Policy 07-105 and is intended to be accessed
only by authorized recipients.  Use, storage and transmission are
governed by General Dynamics and its policies.  Contractual restrictions
apply to third parties.  Recipients should refer to the policies or
contract to determine proper handling.  Unauthorized review, use,
disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not an intended
recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the