[Pki-users] DogTAG PKI - crlDistributionPoints cert profile: Type_0 : URIName error

Frederic d'Huart fdh at x-zone.org
Fri Oct 22 09:56:28 UTC 2010

Hello Pki users,

Section B.1.4. of the RH admin guide refers to the following acceptable
values
for crlDistributionPoint Type:

DirectoryName
URIName
RelativeToIssuer

Using PKIConsole, I have added to the caUserCert profile a policy for
include a CDP as follow:

policyset.userCertSet.13.default.name=CRL Distribution Points Extension
policyset.userCertSet.13.default.params.crlDistPointsCritical=false
policyset.userCertSet.13.default.params.crlDistPointsEnable_0=true
policyset.userCertSet.13.default.params.crlDistPointsPointType_0=URIName
policyset.userCertSet.13.default.params.crlDistPointsPointName_0=http://xxx.xxx.xxx/crl/xxx.crl
policyset.userCertSet.13.default.params.crlDistPointsReasons_0=

after profile re-activated, and new request generated, I get the
following error on the agent interface:

The Certificate System has encountered an unrecoverable error.

Error Message:
/java.lang.ClassCastException: netscape.security.x509.Extension cannot
be cast to netscape.security.x509.CRLDistributionPointsExtension/

Please contact your local administrator for assistance.

Any Ideas what could be wrong ?

Thank you.