[Pki-users] TPS with sub CA or with root CA?

Marc Sauton msauton at redhat.com
Tue Feb 15 17:30:12 UTC 2011

It all depends on what may be needed for scalability, fail over, both
are possible, but I would probably keep the root CA separate / standalone.
One TPS can use several CA's, or several TPS instances can work with a CA.
The main idea is to use the "security domains", TPS will look for CA's
to use in their security domain, and use their "trusted managers".

May want to see:
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Certificate_System/8.0/html-single/Deployment_Guide/index.html#Certificate_Manager-Security_Domains

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Certificate_System/8.0/html-single/Admin_Guide/index.html#Working_with_Multiple_Instances_of_a_Subsystem

M.