[Pki-users] DogTag CS for CentOS or later Fedora Versions

pki tech techpkiuser at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 08:24:40 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Im planning to go for a Large scale CA implementation with Current DogTag
release 9.0 on Fedora 15. But the main worry that i have is the Fedora
Support Cycle, which makes an doubt on the security of the Systems at the
long run.

Are there anyone who has successfully deployed a complete CA, OCSP and RA
based solution on CentOS platform? If so I can continue my implementations
with CentOS. What I found while googling was there are package issues while
deploying DogTag over CentOS.

Although the main site says DogTag 9.0 is tested for up to only Fedora 15,
I found rpms for the subsystems pki-ca, pki-ocsp and pki-ra in other Fedora
repositories for example Fedora 16. So will it be possible to have a stable
PKI infrastructure over Fedora 16 with DogTag 9.0 (DogTag 10 is still in
alpha stage)

In the meantime I'm locally testing all the functionalities of DogTag 9.0
over Fedora 16 and CentOS. Will update as I progress.

Thank you.