[Pki-users] Using SCEP

Oleg Antonenko Oleg.Antonenko at adaptivemobile.com
Tue Aug 20 18:00:25 UTC 2013

Hi Andrew,
Thanks a mil for so speedy response and references.

Reading the Automated Enrolment guide I had a thought that Cert Based Auth might work for us.

Here is a line from the guide -

"There are other circumstances when it may be useful to use certificate-based authentication for initially requesting a certificate. For example, tokens may be bulk-loaded with generic certificates which are then used to authenticate the users when they enroll for their user certificates..."

Do you know if a single generic (or transport) cert could be used for signing SCEP requests for multiple users?
If so, I presume we will need both - a transport private key and transport cert for signing requests?

Thanks,
Oleg