[Pki-users] Generate certificate for proxy using a PKCS#7 as the CSR

Christina Fu cfu at redhat.com
Mon Jul 22 22:03:05 UTC 2013

On 07/22/2013 02:14 PM, Taggart, Michelle wrote:
> Hi Christina,
>
> I'm sorry for the confusion, let's skip the PKCS#7, I read the settings wrong ;)
>
> I'm actually trying to generate a certificate that is also an intermediary CA.  Which Certificate Profile should best fit that need?

The "Manual Certificate Manager Signing Certificate Enrollment"
(caCACert profile) is for a generic CA signing cert enrollment. People
can customize it to fit their own site requirements.
For information on how to do that, you can check the documentation
(Admin guide specifically):
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/Red_Hat_Certificate_System/

Christina