[publican-list] Policy Question: When to release?

Jeff Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Mon Nov 17 04:42:52 UTC 2008

Hi ho :)

I'm wondering if we should have a policy on when to release a new version?

Obviously if there was a security bug we'd push a new release a.s.a.p. At what point should we push a new version for cumulative fixes?

It can take quite a while for revisions to get through the fedora updates process, so it hasn't been that long since most users got 0.38.

Here is the current fix list since 0.38.

* Fri Oct 17 2008 Jeff Fearn <jfearn at redhat.com> 0.39
- Disable make.graphic.viewport. BZ #467368
- Add missing XEP namespace. BZ #467256
- Add catch for ValidateTables where table for tgroup could not be found. BZ #468789
- Fix right margin error on verbatim and admonitions in PDF. BZ #467654
- Added foreignphrase to list of validated tags.
- Add foreignphrase, acronym, hardware to list of tags aspell should ignore.
- Fixed left align of verbatim items in notes.
- Fixed contrib class in CSS. BZ #469595
- Changed para & simpara to div in HTML. BZ #469286
- Fix layout of author in Revision History. BZ #469986
- Validated function tag. BZ #471144
- Fixed menu entry text. BZ #470967
- Validated type, methodname, exceptionname, varname, interfacename tags. BZ #461708
- Banned glosslist (untranslatable) BZ #461864
- Validated uri, mousebutton, hardware tags. BZ #461870
- Validated othername tag. BZ #464315
- Removed collab from front page to match PDF output. BZ #469298
- Formalised handling of draft mode, root node only. BZ #468305
- Removed old help text from create_book and make type case insensitive. BZ #471776

<INSERT USEFUL FEEDBACK HERE>

Cheers, Jeff.

--
Jeff Fearn <jfearn at redhat.com>