[publican-list] Migration docs

Jeff Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Tue Oct 14 22:06:02 UTC 2008

Mike McGrath wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Oct 2008, Michael Hideo-Smith wrote:
>>> I don't have any actual xml files called that nor do I reference xml
>>> files with that name.
>>>
>> I have put the migration process here:
>> https://fedorahosted.org/publican/wiki/ReleaseNoteVer35
>>
>> If you run into docbook/publiccan challenges, please seek me out in #publican and i'll do my best to help out.
>>

> Ok, migrations all did what I'd hoped but I am still seeing a "failed to
> load external entity" issue.  To reproduce:
>
> git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/csi.git/
> make txt-all
>

> 	-Mike

Hi Mike, there doesn't appear to be any serious problems with your build.

Below means you have empty para tags, which can prevent translations from being created or merged:

*WARNING: Removing empty para tag from build environment, this may break your build*

The warnings about unknown tags is letting you know that we haven't QA'd the output of those tags, so the default DocBook output will be used. The default DocBook output has be know to not be standards compliant and, in some cases, ugly.

I am testing on the latest build from SVN, so let me know if you have any other errors.

Cheers, Jeff.

--
Jeff Fearn <jfearn at redhat.com>
Software Engineer