Re: [publican-list] Formatting Articles, a discussion of BZ #494147

On 12/04/2009 08:11 AM, Jeffrey Fearn wrote:
I'd drop the revision history, shorten the legal notice, and move the copyright and legal link to the top. I'd also just use the license acronym as a link to the upstream text.

e.g.

Copyright © 2009 Red Hat, Inc. and others. CC-BY-SA

Where CC-BY-SA is a link to http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

OK -- I've streamlined the author and copyright/licensing information even further, per your suggestions.

However, I did still keep a last (further reduced) vestige of the Revision History at the foot of the document; I think that for technical writing, it's important to identify this revision somehow so that when an article ends up republished in a number of places, people can readily identify which version is the more recent. Actually -- discussions of article formatting aside, I think that including the version number in the header could be a useful addition to Publican's HTML output... but that's probably another post :)

Also -- would it be possible to allow the abstract to be switched on and off? An abstract is a normal feature in a tech report or journal article, but not so well suited to a how-to (like this example) or, say, a product sheet.

Cheers

Rudi