[publican-list] and the repository is where?

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 15:59:10 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 11:35:16AM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jul 2009, Eric Christensen wrote:
>
> > Bugzilla really isn't a nightmare (takes me about 10 seconds to
> > submit a patch).  It provides us an easy way of tracking patches and
> > making sure that everything happens.
>
>   *sigh*.  i have no problem using BZ if i've found what i think is a
> significant issue, whereupon i *will* be as complete and detailed as
> possible because i want someone else more knowledgeable to take care
> of it.
>
>   in *this* case, however, it actually takes less time to just create
> a patch of the appropriate form (of which i am still uncertain since
> no one has confirmed exactly what form of patch is proper on this ML)
> and just post it to the list so someone can apply it.
>
>   seriously, if i have to go thru BZ to submit these types of patches,
> i'm not going to bother with any of it.  i save BZ for reports that
> *matter*.  i have no intention of inflicting BZ on myself for
> correcting trivial errors or typoes.

If I can make a suggestion... I use the 'bugzilla' command-line
utility often to file bugs, because it's fast and easy compared to the
Web browser.  So for example:

$ bugzilla login  # Then enter BZ username and password, makes a
  	   	  # cookie that's used from here on out...

$ bugzilla info -c 'Fedora Documentation'  # Tell me the components
  	   	   	   		   # in this product (only
					   # if you don't know which)

$ bugzilla new -p 'Fedora Documentation' -v 'rawhide' \
  -c 'security-guide' -s 'Security Guide missing foobar' \
  -l "Looking at Security Guide, en-US 0.2. It doesn't have
  a reference to foobar.  Patch forthcoming."

The bug number spits back out to you, and you can visit it to attach
your file, which itself is a very fast operation nowadays, especially
since some HW and DB upgrades.