[publican-list] Windows version of Publican 1

Jeffrey Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Thu Nov 12 00:18:46 UTC 2009

Hi, last night I finally got time to get Publican 1 working with brands
on Windows, there are a couple of caveats, but I have build English and
Japanese documentation on WinXP and Vista. All the HTML targets work,
including ePub :P

It is worth user testing on Windows, please let us know if you do and
what results you get.

The installer is at
https://fedorahosted.org/releases/p/u/publican/Publican-Installer.exe

Caveats:
  * Image sizing doesn't work, reports a warning
  * PDF has not been tested
  * gettext tools have not been tested.
    - you can create POTs and build translated docs
    - but merging changes in English in to existing PO's
    - has not been tested
  * An access warming is displayed the first time you run publican
  * There is a missing MSVC dll on some versions of Windows
    - Not sure about the legality of linking that in
    - so it has been left out
    - you can download it from various sources
    - copy it in to your path or the Publican root directory

Cheers, Jeff.

--
Jeff Fearn <jfearn at redhat.com>
Software Engineer